On May 17, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

Hi Gary,

Not sure what list to use for zc.queue so picked zope3-users ;-)

Cool. :-)

Why does adding to identical objects to a queue at the same time result in a conflict? Surely they should both just get added in an artbitary order?

Basically, the constraint allows for more powerful conflict resolution, or at least simpler code. I'd certainly welcome a variation that removed the constraint, possibly in exchange for weaker conflict resolution, if you were willing to contribute it to zc.queue.

If you removed this constraint and added the constraint that it must be FIFO (zc.queue defaults to FIFO but allows arbitrary removal), you *might* be able to make another relatively simple variation. I don't have time to think this through ATM; there are subtleties.