Christophe Combelles wrote:
I'm not sure, but it looks like the old way of defining what an adapter adapts.

Yes. It was just a declaration, never actually used as Stephane pointed out. In most cases, it can be replaced by a zope.component.adapts() declaration.

If not it would be better to remove it from the apidoc books, I found a few example based on this. (socket example, and interface/human)

Yes, if you want you can remove it/replace it with adapts(). Patches are welcome (or even make the checkin yourself).