I am pleased to announce new releases for z3c.form and z3c.formdemo. The
latest changes were mainly driven by Paul Carduner's work on z3c.formjs and
z3c.formjsdemo, but also by continued customer work.
Again for the curious and impatient ...
This time there is no new demo available, but the old ones still work as
To run the demos do the following::
$ svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.formdemo/trunk formdemo
$ cd formdemo
$ python bootstrap.py
$ ./bin/buildout -v
$ ./bin/demo fg
Now you can access the demo under:
We now also have functional tests that check all the demos:
$ ./bin/test -vp1
A lot more progress has been made on this front. Look out for Paul's
announcement! It will make up for the missing new demo in formdemo!
- Feature: Added a span around values for widgets in display mode. This allows
for easier identification widget values in display mode.
- Feature: Added the concept of widget events and implemented a particular
"after widget update" event that is called right after a widget is updated.
- Feature: Restructured the approach to customize button actions, by requiring
the adapter to provide a new interface ``IButtonAction``. Also, an adapter
is now provided by default, still allowing cusotmization using the usual
- Feature: Added button widget. While it is not very useful without
- Feature: All ``IFieldWidget`` instances that are also HTML element widgets
now declare an additional CSS class of the form "<fieldtype.lower()>-field".
- Feature: Added ``addClass()`` method to HTML element widgets, so that adding
a new CSS class is simpler.
- Feature: Renamed "css" attribute of the widget to "klass", because the class
of an HTML element is a classification, not a CSS marker.
- Feature: Reviewed all widget attributes. Added all available HTML attributes
to the widgets.
- Documentation: Removed mentioning of widget's "hint" attribute, since it
does not exist.
- Optimization: The terms for a sequence widget were looked up multiple times
among different components. The widget is now the canonical source for the
terms and other components, such as the converter uses them. This avoids
looking up the terms multiple times, which can be an expensive process for
- Bug/Feature: Correctly create labels for radio button choices.
- Bug: Buttons did not honor the name given by the schema, if created within
one, because we were too anxious to give buttons a name. Now name assignment
is delayed until the button is added to the button manager.
- Bug: Button actions were never updated in the actions manager.
- Bug: Added tests for textarea widget.
- Feature: Created functional tests for the demos.
- Feature: Moved all application ZCML declarations into a ZCML file called
CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training
Zope3-users mailing list