Thanks for the answer.  I should have explained why I wanted to know.
I've been away from Zope 3 or 4 years (so I missed those emails) and I
am now tasked with preparing a workshop for next year (as I re-learn
everything too).  I know that is one of the questions I'll get. So, I
wanted to be able to answer it.

Though they carry no semantic significance, namespaces do always have a

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 11:28 -0400, Benji York wrote:
> Tim Cook wrote:
> > Does z3c stand for Zope 3 Component?
> It stands for "Zope 3 community", but (IMO), name space package names,
> while mnemonic, don't actually confer meaning.  In other words, just
> because Zope Corp uses zc. as our name space doesn't mean anything other
> than we were the ones that created the project.
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research Services