Hello Jesper,

That should be solved already. Look for z3c.widget.country.

svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.widget/trunk/src/z3c/widget/country

Hello!

I'm trying to implement a DropdownWidget for my country list. In my app i'd like to have a dropdown menu where a user can choose a country (for my main content object, a job). My vocabulary is created from a list of strings, and stored in a local utility:

SimpleVocabulary.fromValues( [u'AD', u'AE', 'AF', ...] )

But in my dropdown widget i want to display the country name for each option too.. and not just the same value on both the value attribute and inside the element:

<option value="AD">Andorra</option>

So i send in a different vocabulary.. one that looks like this:

[(u'AD', u'Andorra'),...]

So i coded this:

---------------------------------

 class CountryDropDown(DropdownWidget):

     def __init__(self, field, request):

         #This returns a dict: {'countrycode':'countryname'}

         territories = request.locale.displayNames.territories

         # Invert the territories dict: keys=names, values=ccodes

         self.territories = sorted(territories.items (), key=itemgetter(1))

         #not using this any longer..

         #voc = getUtility(IVocabularyFactory, u'Country codes')

         voc = SimpleVocabulary.fromItems(self.territories)

         super(CountryDropDown, self).__init__(field, voc, request)

     def textForValue(self, term):

         return term.value

But it seems like when i choose a country, e.g Andorra, the constraint fails. I think it is because my modified vocabulary that i sent in which it is now checking constraints against fails.

I want the constraints to be checked in my ordinary vocabulary but i want to use a different one when populating the dropdown.. any ideas?

Instant Foo - Naturally Flavoured

--

Best regards,

 Adam                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]