Douglas Cerna wrote:
I read Philip's mail and since I'm "playing" with grok
and I liked the way installed eggs, I decided to try
zopeproject too :)

Anyway, I'm getting an error in
++etc++process/servercontrol.html:

ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
zope.app.applicationcontrol.interfaces.IServerControl>,
'')

I don't know if this is an error of mine, a failure in
the download process or if it has been fixed already.

I just thought it may help :)

Thanks for trying out zopeproject. The feedback is useful.

According to zopeproject's philosophy, Zope is just a library. Due to the fact that we're using WSGI to deploy the web application, Zope can no longer be in charge of the process or process management. That includes shutting down or restarting "the server" (whatever the server is, it might even be Apache or something like that).

To cut a long story short, Zope isn't the server anymore. The Server Control screen is obsolete.

That said, it should handle more gracefully. This isn't really a bug in zopeproject. It's a bug in zope.app.applicationcontrol. I've recorded it in the zopeproject collector [1] nonetheless, so I won't forget about it.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/zopeproject/+bug/139993