Tim Cook wrote:
Linux x86_64

Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Sep 17 2007, 10:13:22) [GCC 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-13)] on linux2

There are numerous "warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
type" when compiling the .c modules.

Yup. Mostly if not only from the ZODB.

When I built Python 2.5.1 I had to use the CFLAG -fwrapv Is this the same issue? If so, where can I add that flag so the zope .c
files will be compiled correctly?

What does that flag do? I can compile my stuff with Python 2.5.1 just fine.

What happens is that the process builds and the server will start but
when you execute a request (http://localhost:8080) you end up getting a

 line 120, in _normalListContentsInfo

I've heard of another report where a MemoryError would occur with PYthon 2.5 on Linux x86 64bit. I don't have access to such a machine, unfortunately. It would be great if somebody with some C debugging skills could check this out. It might already be good to know whether it only occurs with zope.app.container, or also with other module that have C extensions.

Note, this isn't a bug of zopeproject :). It just shows that Python 2.4 is still the only blessed platform, for a good reason.