Chris Withers wrote:
So, what *is* the "standard" way now and where can I read about how to do it?

That's in flux at the moment. I think Philipp's zopeproject is a step in the right direction, but haven't had a chance to look at it closely yet.

I've put up the basic buildout I use when starting projects at svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Sandbox/benji/zope3-from-eggs. You should be able to check that out, run bootstrap.py, bin/buildout, then use bin/ctl start to start ZEO and Zope.

You'll want to change some values in setup.py and buildout.cfg for your project (package name, etc.).
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer