Maken Seteva wrote:
On 24. Sep 2007, at 18:53, Maken Seteva wrote:

Fellow Zopers.
I have made a slight modification to my intid util by inheriting from IntId and overriding _generateId(). I do this to be sure that all new created objects will have an incrementing number where the first object created gets id 1, the next gets id 2 and so on. This way I get for "free" sorting by

Not fully sure how to resolve conflicts though as I'm quite new to this.

The best way to resolve conflicts is to not create them. If you use the most significant bits of your int ID as a counter, and fill the least significant bits with conflict busting randomness, you'll be in good shape. We (ZC) have a package that does just that which we really need to release. If there's interest I'll take a stab at doing that soon.
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation