On Sep 26, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Benji York wrote:
The best way to resolve conflicts is to not create them.
If you don't create conflicts, how can you resolv conflicts (that doesn't exist) ;-)

If you use the most significant bits of your int ID as a counter, and fill the least significant bits with conflict busting randomness, you'll be in good shape. We (ZC) have a package that does just that which we really need to release. If there's interest I'll take a stab at doing that soon.
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation

Yes, I would be very interested in that package. Very much appreciated if you released it.

Thanks for your help