Hi, list,

Is it possible to retrieve the URL the user enters in the browser
location box? The request's getURL method seems to return the
traversed URL, including the default view name.

In particular, I have a custom traverser for my object which extracts
certain parameters from the URL path instead of the query string, like
this:

The url: http://myweb.com/myobject/param1/value1/param2/value2

The traverser registered for myobject parses the remainder of the URL
and then set the traversal stack to be empty.

However, in the view of myobject, I would like to get the exact URL as
above. What request.getURL returns now is:

http://myweb.com/myobject/index.html

Also, in the generated HTML for myobject, the base is set
automatically to this url.

How can I get back the original url?

--
Hong Yuan