Roman Budzianowski schrieb:

On Nov 14, 2007, at 12:01 AM, Christian Klinger wrote:

Hi Roman,

it depends on what you are trying to do:

When you want a zope database adapter for mysql:
look here

Yes. Maybe it's a question about zopeproject. I added mysqldbda dependency to and ran buildout, but it fails to find it. What's the naming scheme for the libraries ?

I have a copy downloaded from, but I am unsure where to install it manually in the zopeproject framework.

The installation instructions in mysqldbda are obsolete (referring to cvs). So somehow this package doesn't fit neatly into the new easy way of doing things. I wondered if I should use it at all.

I don´t know if there is an egg of mysqldbda. If there is not you can try to use the addtional buildout receipe infrae.subversion [1] which allows you to include a package from an svn tree.

I don´t know zopeproject details, but i think this should be doable.

HTH Christian

If you want ORM than try zalchemy.

If you need a kind of "SQL-Expression" than take a look at

I am trying to connect to mysql. What is the preferred package to do that ? I am using zopeproject. I tried to add dependency to mysqldbda, but it fails. The 2nd edition of the book mentions mysql utility, but it is not installed by default it seems.