On Dec 20, 2007, at 6:03 PM, Darryl Cousins wrote:
I'm trying to created an isolated environment using buildout. I had
understood that defining a custom build python would ensure that all
eggs are installed and compiled with the custom python.

But when the buildout comes to install ZODB it is being compiled agains the system python headers. (-I/usr/include/python2.4). Which is not what
I want, and at that point the custom python has not even been built.

Any thoughts.

[buildout]
python = custom-python
parts = python
        custom-python

[python]
recipe = zc.recipe.cmmi
url = http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.4/Python-2.4.4.tar.bz2
extra_options = --with-threads
               --with-readline
               --enable-unicode=ucs2

[custom-python]
executable = ${buildout:parts-directory}/python/bin/python

Your buildout doesn't mention ZODB3 or anything that uses it, so it is hard to comment.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation