Stephan Richter wrote:
On Friday 01 February 2008, Chris Withers wrote:
Stephan Richter wrote:
If you use buildout, there is a recipe for creating a test runner. See

http://svn.zope.org/zope.kgs/trunk/?rev=83325

for a good example.
Where's the actual test runner or test runner creater?

[test]
recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
eggs = zope.kgs [test]

Ah, okay, so what actually is zc.recipe.testrunner?
I thought the testrunner was in zope.testing.testrunner...

I feel like I'm missing a lot here, is there documentation I can read to catch up on this?

Also, what's the best way to indicate in setup.py that my package needs
zope.testing for the tests?
There is a "test" option, where you can list all packages that should be
installed for testing. See

http://svn.zope.org/zope.component/trunk/setup.py?rev=81358&view=auto
What's the difference between tests_require and extras_require['test']?

"tests_require" contains a list of test dependencies that setuptools uses for its integrated test support. Unfortunately, this lsit is not exposed, so buildout cannot use it. So instead, we use "extras_require['test']" to provide that same list.

Ah, okay... so I only need to worry about extras_require if I want to support buildout?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk