Andreas Johnsen wrote:
Hei all Zopers,

I find the macro parameter in the z3c:template very useful for working
with templates for viewlets and pagelets. I guess it's slower to extract
a html-snippet from within a page template file (by including a macro
parameter) then including the entire page template file (by not
including the macro parameter).
So before implementing this technique on a large scale, I want to ask if
anyone have experienced any performance issues with this technique?

No, there is no performance issue on this. The TAL engine compiles the hole template into memory and caches it. Accessing a macro is just a dictionary lookup.
We are using this technique in large projects.

Jürgen

--
Lovely Systems, senior developer

phone: +43 5572 908060, fax: +43 5572 908060-77
Schmelzhütterstraße 26a, 6850 Dornbirn, Austria