On Mar 6, 2008, at 2:18 PM, Robert Marianski wrote:

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 02:11:40PM -0500, Gary Poster wrote:

On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Robert Marianski wrote:

Is there a way to query a zope3 catalog for all objects that have been
indexed? I see that there is a way to ask an index for the number of
documents it currently has indexed, via documentCount() in the
IStatistics interface, but I can't a good way get back all objects that
have been indexed.

The intid utility kinda sorta does what you want, depending on how careful
you were in your intid use.

I was using grok, so however that set it up. The intid utility did
indeed have all the objects, but it had more objects than were indexed
with the catalog ... so I would have to filter them out myself. Not sure
if that's what you mean.

zc.catalog's extents do exactly what you want, but it doesn't sound like
you are using that right now.

I'm not familiar with extents, I'll give them a look. Thanks.

You can either be more careful about what you put in your intid utility (the standard Zope 3 subscribers are more indiscriminate than you might expect), or you can set up an extent on your catalog that filters out what you don't want and use that.