I found a solution at http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonsdocs/Logging
Zope is now using Paste and I guess I should forget about <accesslog> in
zope.conf.
I found I can use paste's accesslog facility, called TransLogger, instead of
<accesslog>.
To enable it, just add the following lines to your deploy.ini file.

[app:main]
filter-with = translogger

[filter:translogger]
use = egg:Paste#translogger