Alek wrote:
Hello,
For some mysterious reason my app (generated by zopeproject) uses eggs from some temporary path, even when the original egg is not zipped.

This is a known setuptools problem. It compiles .py modules to .pyc files in a temporary location, thus the .pyc files contain references to the wrong path.

This makes impossible to set breakpoint somewhere in egg code, or to quickly navigate to exception point in eclipse pydev.

Is there a simple way to get rid of this?

Delete all .pyc files from your egg directory, e.g.:

  find . -name "*.pyc" | xargs rm

In grokproject app I haven't observed such an effect - eggs were used
just where they exist.

grokproject should suffer from the same problem.