On Jun 24, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Jon Hadley wrote:

Hi all, I'm running through PVW's Zope 3 book.

I'm trying to create an object via the debug prompt using
./bin/instance debug (my zope instance is buildout based, on OSX).

However, each time I enter: "from worldcookery.recipe import Recipe"
the prompt just quits out, no error, nothing ...

'import urllib' works
'import worldcookery' works
'import worldcookery.recipe' doesn't work

If I mistype the name on purpose, it gives a 'proper' error.

./bin/instance fg and start both run the server fine with no errors
and I can browse the default Zope3 site.

Where am I going wrong?

Nothing. This is a bug in the debug setup, probably in the buildout recipe.

You can work around this by using:

  parts/application/debugzope -C parts/instance/zope.conf

assuming that you called your application part "application".

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation