On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 07:46:28PM +0100, Adam GROSZER wrote:
> Hello Paul,
> We're doing here in an overrides.zcml:
> <i18n:registerTranslations directory="." />
> where ./zope.pot and language folders exist

Thanks Adam.  I just tried that - it seems that my new directory
becomes the only source of all translations for that domain; the stock
translations provided by the original application don't get used at
all.  So I'd have to copy the original .po file and maintain a fork of

I was hoping instead for a way to have one short .po file that
selectively overrides just a few translations, and for all other
message ids, the system would fall back to the stock .po file.  We had
a way to do that with PTS.

- PW
> Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 6:04:32 PM, you wrote:
> PW> If I have a zope 3 (actually a Five) application that ships with some
> PW> translations, is it possible to provide an alternate .po or .mo file
> PW> that overrides the default translations?  How do I ensure that my
> PW> translations take precedence?
> PW> We had a hack that did this job at product initialization time when we
> PW> were using PlacelessTranslationService, but now we're using the zope 3
> PW> i18n machinery and I can't figure out how to accomplish the same task.
> --
> Best regards,
>  Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agros...@gmail.com
> --
> Quote of the day:
> This fortune is inoperative.  Please try another.

Paul Winkler