On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Kent Tenney wrote:
> I've considered the '>>>' prompt an interpreter prompt, so
> always looked a bit magical to me.

But it is the interpreter prompt. The idea is that you can copy an interpreter
session into a doctest and it will just work.

> where dtglobals would expose all the good
> !magic, without requiring the test scaffolding.

That would be truly a lot of magic. I think it should be more something like:

from fsutil import *

But anyways, putting stuff in globs is used for lots of doctests, so you might
as well get used to that.

Regards,
Stephan
--