Hi Andreas,

I had a requirement where I needed to manage the resource directories
dynamically. So I developed some of following code. I guess this might
be of help.

"""
Functions to work with browser resources at run time
"""

#python imports
import logging

# zope imports
from zope.publisher.interfaces.browser import IDefaultBrowserLayer
from zope.interface import Interface
from zope.component.globalregistry import getGlobalSiteManager
from zope.app.publisher.browser.resourcemeta import (CheckerPublic,
                        DirectoryResourceFactory,
                        allowed_names, NamesChecker )

def registerResourceDirectory(name, resourcedir,
                             layer=IDefaultBrowserLayer,
                             permission='zope.Public'):
    """
    This function registers a resource directory with global registry
    """
    logging.info('Registering %s as %s' , resourcedir, name)
    if permission == 'zope.Public':
        permission = CheckerPublic
    checker = NamesChecker(allowed_names + ('__getitem__', 'get'),
                           permission)
    factory = DirectoryResourceFactory(resourcedir, checker, name)
    gsm = getGlobalSiteManager()
    gsm.registerAdapter(factory, (layer,), Interface, name)
    return True

def unregisterResourceDirectory(name,
                             layer=IDefaultBrowserLayer):
    logging.info('Removing %s' , name)
    gsm = getGlobalSiteManager()
    gsm.registerAdapter(None, (layer,), Interface, name)
    return True