I've attached a startup script that I use on my RedHat 6.2
installation.  You'll want to change the path /stor/zope/current to the
directory where you have Zope installed.  That probably should have been
a variable.  The Zope process will be owned as "nobody" so that user
needs write permission to the var directory and its contents to create
PID files and update the Data.fs.

Install the file to /etc/rc.d/init.d as "zope" and then you can use
linuxconf to control whether or not the "zope" service is started when
the system boots.

One other thing -- You have to make sure that the server does not run in
debug mode (by passing -D to z2.py in the start script), or your boot
sequence will hang.

Doug

--
Doug Hellmann
Director of Portal Development

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting zope: "
        daemon /stor/zope/current/start
        echo
        touch /var/lock/subsys/zope
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Shutting down zope: "
        #killproc httpd
        /stor/zope/current/stop
        echo
        rm -f /var/lock/subsys/zope
        rm -f /stor/zope/current/var/Z2.pid
        ;;
  status)
        status z2.py
        ;;
  restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0