Before you all start, I know, MS Access is pants and I should be using
a "real" database.  And I shall, once the "proof of concept" stage is
passed and I can migrate the existing data over to one.  But for now
I'm stuck with it.

Right, that over, here's my plea: I'm trying to create a connection
object to a MS Access 97 database.  I've installed the ODBC DA product
but I cannot get my connection to actually connect.  The error I get is,
"invalid connection string: project,"  (project is the DSN name).

According to the docs that come with the ODBC-DA, there's usually no
need for a connection string and accordingly I have left it blank; I
presume that the DA is defaulting to connecting using the DSN name as
its string.  The database has no security settings that might limit

What's going wrong?  Help!
Andy Gates, Learning and Research Technology