paul beard wrote:

> We're considering using zope to handle some internal groupware-type
> functions, with WorldPilot as the base. What we need is the true Outlook
> killer: scheduling. Any word on this as a feature to WorldPilot or hints
> on how hard this would be implement?

I think the largest obstacle is the lack of a scheduler or timer class
in Zope. It simply doesn't create events for you...
As far as I can see it's not possible to create a scheduler as a simple
product, because it has to run all the time, in the background. thus it
actually has to become some part of the Zope server itself.

What I can tell you is this: if you develop a "ZScheduler" and it
becomes part of the Zope Standard distribution, the Zope community will
be VERY glad.

greetings,
Heiko Stoermer

--