>>> Pavlos Christoforou wrote
> OTO an RDBMS maybe a more reliable datastore than the filesystem with
> better consistency, recovery tools etc etc.

The other bigwin for an RDBMS-based one is, of course, that you
can share it between zopes. And for me, it's easier to manage a
DBMS table than a chunk of filesystem somewhere on a machine.

> Also check whether SQLSession caches info. It used to hit the RDBMs for
> every variable access which was very prohibitive for us, but Anthony
> mentioned that he was changing that.

As of 0.2.x it sometimes does, depending on whether you've turned on
caching - but 0.3.0 will fix it entirely, I plan to remove the non-cached
option, and do it a whole lot smarter.

0.2.9 will be out shortly (tonight, if I can stop this sodding PC from
crashing every 10 minutes) and will be the last of the current architecture.
0.3.0 is moving to a more sane system - one that will stop my DBA from
hurting me. :)

Anthony, who's really not a fan of PC hardware.

Anthony Baxter     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>