"J. Atwood" wrote:
> Stunned. Totally and utterly stunned. I would have thought there

I'm stunned that you're stunned. :^)

Seriously, Python and Perl are two scripting languages, similar in
scope, both successful.  The Java market has about a thousand choices
for app servers, whereas the Perl market's need is largely unmet.

> would be Java floating around in Zope's bowl before Perl! Perl?
> Jeeze... what a great but very scary thing. I trust that DC will do
> it right.

Yes we will.  As Jim is fond of saying, we allow methods in a lot of
languages already: Python, HTML (DTML), SQL, and soon XSLT.  The latter
is *definately* one that will make Perl look readable. :^)

Don't worry, this is a Good Thing.  Scripting languages should work
together and present a strong alternative.