Chris McDonough wrote:
> > When people can write their site half in Perl, I could well
> > be stuck...
> > unless I learn Perl :-)
>
> I can see this being a genuine concern.  That's the first I've seen
> (it's a good one).

Further from this, I think diversifying the language base to
Python/Perl/XSLT/etc is bad.
It means that for someone to be 'proficient in Zope' form a marketing or
job hunting point of view, they also have to know Perl, XSLT, etc rather
than just Python and DTML.

It defocuses Zope from what it is.

I can read and write Perl if I have to, but I don't want to... it's bad
enough just trying o keep up with the stuff being done in Python, adding
Perl to that will make it nigh on impossible...

Chris