At 10:15 am -0400 25/5/00, Chris McDonough wrote:
>Zope has DTML and Python, both of which will stay.  You will have the
>option of using Perl and XSLT methods pretty soon.

Ooo Ooo - XSLT?
Presumably I should read your sentence as "You will have the option
of using Perl as well as XSLT methods pretty soon" and not "Thou wilt
need Perl to get XSLT methods" ? :)

>  If you don't need
>them or don't want them, don't use them.  There are lots of people for
>whom this will be a natural entry point in to Zope.  You happen not to
>be one of them.

This is a good point Chris - it's got to be likely that more Perly
people will migrate to Python rather than vice-versa isn't it? I mean
if you already know Python, you're hardly likely to start doing your
work in Perl are you? :)

>Sheesh, it's like we'd recommended Microsoft in here or something.  :-)

snigger...

Tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2