Michel Pelletier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Jon Udell wrote:
> >
> > BTW, there is essentially no difference between VBScript, JavaScript,
> > PerlScript, or PythonScript when used at this level. All can make the
> > same CreateObject call, and diddle the controlled app's object model in
> > the same ways. It ends up not being a language issue at all, but more a
> > case of, as I said, what the heck is that object model anyway, and then
> > why doesn't it behave as expected?
> This is such a good point I wanted to share it with the Zope community
> as well.  The language issue is minor to the need for a definate object
> model with clear interfaces.  It shouldn't matter if the core of Zope is
> written in Python or FORTH, from your perspective and the perspective of
> your language the model and interfaces should be well definded.

- consistent object model
- a map of the damn thing, with a poster of same which you can hang on your
wall can meditate to
- consistent interface syntax you can learn in 10 minutes and then repeat ad
infinitum as you explore the map
- "apples-for-apples" examples with side-by-side scripting language use
  [VBScript, JavaScript,PerlScript, PythonScript, etc..]
- a welcome mat for all linguists
- a copy of ZIAN [Zope-In-A-Nutshell]

Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design Director

Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design Director