On Fri, 26 May 2000, Graham Chiu wrote:

> Many of these variables cause problems for those starting out with Zope.
> Why not create alternate names such as sequence_* and degrade the
> former?

yeh, i suggested something like this some time ago.  Perhaps we should make a
bit more noise.

Agreed, I have a fair bit of legacy code using sequence-*, but if the CHANGES
mentioned this would break, that would be fair.  In fact, wouldn't sequence_*
be faster than _['sequence-*'] anway?

A deprecation over the next few versions could be fairly easily handled.
(Assuming, of course, people actually READ the changes file :)

--
Have a better one,
        Curtis.

<dtml-var standard_work_disclaimer>