"Jonothan Farr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here's a reference that dropped from Google when I asked "corruption
> > concurrent microsoft access database"
> >
> >   http://dgl.com/dglinfo/1998/dg980825.html (half way down page)
> >
> > I wouldn't use Access with Zope.
> Sounds like a bug in the Access UI not the underlying Jet DB engine.

Jet is inherently thread-unsafe, and M$ has no plans to fix this (such
a fix would cut into their ability to sell SQL Server).  This issue
has been a long-running problem in the Windows world;  the only
solution is to serialize *all* access to the DB (even concurrent
*reads* can foul each other up -- blech!)

Tres Seaver                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digital Creations   "Zope Dealers"   http://www.zope.org