On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 05:33:20PM +0200, Rik Hoekstra wrote:
> >Phil Langton wrote:
> >>
> >> Someone has mentioned that Digital Creations has taken on someone who
> >> is to implement a zope-based virtual learning environment tool kit.
> >>
> >> Is this so?
> >> Any mailing lists or contacts or test areas?
> >
> >You're probably referring to me.  I haven't taken an active role in
> >this area recently because of the time it takes to get married
> >(January/February), change jobs (March/April), move across the country
> >(April), and get settled in a new area. :-)
> >
> >The zope-edu project was doing well for a while but we were unable to
> >define the scope of the project.  There are a lot of facets involved
> >and everybody was approaching it with a very different perspective.
> >And nobody knew the technology well enough: it's too easy to
> >re-implement things in Zope that have already been done by others.  A
> >battle ensued over naming conventions (ZSchool? ZopeEdu? Something
> >else?) and the mailing list eventually reached an activity level of
> >zero.
> Which IMHO was actually mainly due to the maillist server severely suffering
> from outage and millenium bugs, because before that I recall discussions
> were very much alive, and of a high quality.

The Zope-edu list is now available at the sourceforge site :

Yes, there is almost zero activity and i have also recently a lot of work
too. Maybe if there is enough interest, the project can rebirth.

Serge Stinckwich                                   -< )  Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (frozen)
CNRS UPRESA 6072>GREYC>I3>SMILE                     /~\  http://debian.org/
Université de Caen>IUT de Caen>Campus 3>Dept Info  (/  | http://zope.org/
http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/~stincs                _|_/  http://zschool.org/