I believe so, and empiracally this appears to be the case. From
HTTPResponse.py:

    def _traceback(self,t,v,tb):
        tb=self.format_exception(t,v,tb,200)
        tb=join(tb,'\n')
        tb=self.quoteHTML(tb)
        if self.debug_mode: _tbopen, _tbclose = '<PRE>', '</PRE>'
        else:               _tbopen, _tbclose = '<!--',  '-->'
        return "\n%s\n%s\n%s" % (_tbopen, tb, _tbclose)

which is appended to the body of the error message when an exception occurs.

hth,

-- Marcus