According to the Zope Developer's Guide, when you create a ZClass by
subclassing from custom python classes "your subclass's __init__
method will not be called when instances of the Z Class are created."

Could someone help explain why my __init__ method is being called?  Is
the document just out of date?  What should be the correct behavior?
Also, is there a simple way of detecting from my python class's init
method if it is being called within the Zope environment?

I'm trying to keep my python class as non-Zope centric as possible
because I use that class in other programs as well.

Oh, I am using the 2.2.0a1.

Peter Kazmier
PGP Fingerprint   4FE7 8DA3 D0B5 9CAA 69DC  7243 1855 BC2E 4B43 5654