I am having problems with the new release of Postgres (7.0).

I have an application that has been connecting to a Postgres 6.5
database through ZPyGres without any problems. When I upgraded to 7.0
the query hangs the database connection and zope. Zope will not
respond to any requests until I manually kill the 'postgres' process
that is doing the query.

I can issue the query direct to postgres through the command line
without a problem.

I thought this might be something to do with ZPyGres not being thread
safe but I get the same results even if I force zope to only run 1

Has anyone else seen problems with ZPyGres and Postgres 7.0?

For now I have had to revert to Postgres 6.5.

I did see some discussion on this list recently about something called
ZPoPyDA but I can find no reference to it on the Zope web site. If
this is a development of a new Postgres DA I would be very interested
to see if it solves my problem, can anyone advice?

Many thanks