I have successfully built DCOracle 1.3.1b1 under Python 1.6a2, and
connected to an Oracle database.

>>> cursor1.execute('select * from sometable')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/home/justin/py/DCOracle/ociCurs.py", line 299, in execute
    r = self._execute(params__, kw)
  File "/home/justin/py/DCOracle/ociCurs.py", line 241, in _execute
  File "/home/justin/py/DCOracle/ociCurs.py", line 201, in _describe
    out.append(buf,dbsize,dbtype,ind,alen,arcode, f)
TypeError: append requires exactly 1 argument; 7 given

Looks to me like DCOracle doesn't comply to the definition of
[].append(), and has thus been bitten by Guido's changes to make this
behavior more strictly enforced.

Has anyone already done the necessary patches, or shall I do it myself?