I have a DTML document that is keeps track of issues for a project. I am
using JScript to automatically input a date value when the users checks a
box. However if there is a date already in the field I do not want the
script to change it. Below is the onchage event for the check box. I think
the comparison is failing. f is the form datefixed is a text entry box. If I
try f.datefixed.value != '' it works, however this is the opposite of what I

Any clues how I can do this.

function updateDateFixed(f) {
  if (f.datefixed.string == '')
    today = new Date()
    f.datefixed.value = (today.getMonth()+1)+'/'+today.getDate()