Forgive me if this has been covered before.

I am implementing a login/security scheme through the use of GUF and SQL
methods.  My user and role information is kept in a SQL database and a user
can have more than one role assigned to him/her.

What I would like to do is check if a specific role has been assigned to the
current user, and then display some additional menu items if that role has
been assigned.  I haven't been able to figure out how to get and check the
roles that have been assigned to the current user.

As usual, any help will be greatly appreciated.