On Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:58:42 -0400, "J. Atwood"

>So, does the user get an error page or is the server just sending me an
>error cause it is requesting a file that does not exist. I will try testing
>with IT (it is not effecting my Mac IE 4.5/5.0)

The user wont see error; just the default icon in the favorites menu.

>Add this to the many reasons that I hate MIE!

do you have a robots.txt, or are webcrawlers evil too? ;-)

J. Michael Mc Kay wrote

>Now that you have done this, you have to put it in every directory
>accessible to IE to prevent excessive logging of errors on your server.

Is that true? I undestand only the root directory is necessary, unless
you have specifically linked another icon file from your html.

Toby Dickenson