Francisco José Esteban Risueño wrote:

> I think Zope creates itself a pool of connections to the database, extending it
> when he need more performance. In our installation, we see initially seven
> connection to Oracle (trough ODBC) generated by only one zodbc database conection
> object

Yes, but it uses a housekeeping to prevent deadlocks. If you use more
connections
in the same dtml-document it may lead into the problems.
Imagine:

connection1:update table
connection2:select from table

So connection1-object will never know there is an attempt to read from
the table
after the update. It will however "commit" the write when the document
is fully
generated. connection2-object will block therefore.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain