Greeting,

Thanks Tino for  your reply, but alas I am still not able to achieve what I want.
Perhaps I do not understand what you are teaching.
I am trying to display the date of a document in an HTML document.  Here is what I
tried.
Step 1.) CREATE A FILE OBJECT
I used the menu to create a file object.
ID=GuideFile
Content Type = Application/
Precondition = BLANK

Step 2.) ADD CODE TO HTML FILE
I tried to add <dtml-var "GuideFile.bobobase_modification_time">
But I do not get an output displayed!!!  I tried to make it a paragraph, bold etc, but
no luck.  Although I do not get an error from Zope it does not work correctly.  I am
using the latest version of Zope 2.1.6.

If you see where I failed, please let me know.  Thank you in advance for any
information.  :-)

CURTIS David wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a database file that gets copied via a cron job at night.  I would to display
>the new the new file date in an htlm document using Zope.  What I would like is a tag
>that displays the date of a specific file.  Is there such a dynamic tag?  I am
>thinking something like <File-tag>copied-file</File-tag>
> Any help would be apprechiated.

actually it is <dtml-var "fileobject.bobobase_modification_time">
where fileobject is your actual object.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain

                                  !