Philipp Dunkel writes:
 > I have a form that calls a sendmail tag to send user-feedback to a specific
 > email-adress.
 > When I try to send mail I always get the error:
 > Recieved error code 553 from SMTP: 553 ... Domain name required
 > I know that this error occurs if the user is not allowed to send mail from
 > that host.
The SMTP error 553 means that there is a syntactical problem
with one of the mail headers, usually an address header.

Your SMTP server tells you that it expects a "Domain name" and
there is none.

This may be indicative to either:

 1. one of your mail headers (To:, From:, ...) is faulty

 2. you did not specify any domain name and the SMTP server
    cannot provide the default domainname due to some
    configuration problem.

    Under Unix, the program "hostname -f" provides
    the default host name.