Philipp Dunkel wrote:

> Recieved error code 553 from SMTP: 553 ... Domain name required
> I know that this error occurs if the user is not allowed to send mail from
> that host.

For sendmail related problems, a good source of information as to
why a message got bounced is usually in the sendmail log files.
The localtion of this is usually dictated by /etc/syslog.conf, but
on RedHat systems it's usually stored in /var/log/maillog.

> But if I telnet to port 25 (sendmail) as user 'zope' I can send mail??

Yes, but you're probably sending what sendmail wants - this isn't
necessarily the case when Zope does it (hence the 553).

  Daryl Tester