From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Kevin
Smith
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2000 3:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Zope] 99.9% CPU usage (0.1% brain usage)

Hi there,

For some reason Zope would suddenly hang and it's thread would consume 99.9% of CPU
usage.  The first time this happened the problem
magically disappeared after a complete reinstall. Here's what happened while casually
throwing bannerexchange code into the default
DTML document.

standard_html_footer
  <dtml-var bannerexchange>

bannerexchange
 <dtml-var standard_html_header>
 <h2><dtml-var title_or_id></h2>
 <!-- bannerexchange code -->
 <dtml-var standard_html_footer>    <---- Oops!

I'm on Zope 2.1.6, do future version prevent me from making accidental infinite loops
like this?

Kevin Smith

BTW: I get exponentially more done with Zope every day.  Thanks for Zope.