Brian McClain writes:
 > After playing around successfully with FSSession for a while, I ran into the
 > following error when calling FSSession:
 >
 > Error Type: TransactionError
Zope could not commit a change made in the transaction.

This may have several reasons:

  * cannot append to the ZODB file (var/data.fs),
  * commit to a database failed (e.g. of an SQL database)
  * FSSession information could not be updated
  * ???

Somehow, your log lacks some info about the actual problem.
I would add "import traceback; traceback.print_exc()"
at line 279 of "ZODB/Transaction.py" and look at
the output. This should give you more detailed information
about the problem.

 > I also get the following error on occassion when calling FSSession:
 > Error Type: EOFError
 > Error Value:
It seems that FSSession wants to read past the end of the file
and gets an EOFError.

That's strange, because Python usually indicates EOF by returning
an empty string and not by raising EOFError.

I do not have FSSession sources.
I would probably look at line 142 of "FSSession.py" to
determine which operation raised the exception.

Dieter