On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:30:30 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>The tech that does backups on my new NT server (IIS) tells me that
>everything backs up ok except the \var\Data.fs.lock file.
>Is that normal or a problem?

It's definitely normal, and arguably a problem.

On Windows, any file opened for write access by the C fopen function
has its sharing flags set so that no other process can read or write
the file.

I solve the problem with a small batch file, scheduled to run just
before the backup, that looks similar to....

net stop zope
copy c:/zope/var/data.fs c:/zope/var/backupdata.fs
net start zope

hope this helps,

Toby Dickenson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]