Title: RE: [Zope] Backing Up Zope (was: Re: [Zope] Data.fs.lock?)

Just to start by pointing out the bloody obvious:

- Restoring from backup means you lose all data between
  backup date/time and system failure.  Sucks, but it
  beats losing *all* your data.  (RAID5 anyone?)
- With that in mind, *consistency* of the backup database
  takes the highest priority.  All existing transactions
  should be fully completed - no half-done updates, etc.

It seems to me that the easiest way to get there with ZODB
might be to just make a simple file copy of the database and
have some kind of integrity checking tool to run against the
static backup copy to weed out the junk.  Is this possible,
does it already exist?

Probably a dumb question, but would Zope itself do this if
you fired it off against an inconsistent ZODB?

Another random thought is that if ZODB transactions and
writes are atomic, than none of this should be an issue.
Anyone know the answer to that one?