On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Erik Enge wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Jeff K. Hoffman wrote:
>
> > It is my understanding that the ZODB on disk is always in a consistent
> > state; Jim has said, in the past, that you can simply make a copy of
> > Data.fs, even while Zope is running, without problems.
>
> But the Data.fs has to be updated sometimes.  And if you read from a file
> that is changing, the integrity of your data isn't.  How can you make sure
> that the file is not written to during a certain period of time?  You
> can't?

Now that I'm in the spotlight I can't seem to find the message I was
referring to in the archives; I sure hope I didn't misquote anyone (i.e.
Jim).

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your question. I still believe I
am correct, but cannot tell you, technically, why. I have some theories,
but I don't want to cloud the issue anymore with my hypotheses.

Let's hope someone who does know chimes in.

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                               704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                         http://www.goingv.com/