On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:44:39 -0700, "Jonothan Farr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> How do you do to cache those objects, since LocalFS
>> referenced objects are not cached by Zope?
>
>They aren't cached. I experimented with adding a cache, but ran into some
>problems and gave up. It would probably be worth giving it another shot, though.

LocalFS happily uses the If-Modified-Since header, so an http cache (I
use Squid, http://www.squid-cache.org/) can cache LocalFS content
outside of Zope.

This assumes you are using LocalFS to serve whole files over http,
rather than processing those files inside Zope.

Toby Dickenson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]